Following are the questions frequently asked by those that are interested in the program. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
When and where are the introductory sessions?
At this time, there are no scheduled information sessions,
- Thursday, June 18, 2020; 6:30PM – 8:00PM
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020; 6:30PM – 8:00PM
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020; 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Thursday, February 13, 2020; 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: 6:00PM – 7:30PM
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019: 6:00PM – 7:30PM
- Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:00PM-2:30PM
- Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 6:30PM-8PM
- Thursday, February 9th, 2017 6:30PM-8PM
- Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 8:00PM-9:30PM
- Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 7PM-8:30PM
- Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 7PM-8:30PM
Are there any discount vouchers for students to attempt CompTIA’s A+ certification exam?
- Yes, the discount voucher can be purchased with registration using an edu email address.
- High school students may also purchase the discounted vouchers.
When do cohort sections begin?
- Currently there are 8 cohort sections scheduled with classes beginning:
- June 2017
- October 2017
- April 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- October 2019
- January 2020
- August 2020
Are applicants required to be a US resident in order to qualify for the program?
- No, but individuals must have the right to work (work visa or citizenship) in order to qualify for the apprenticeship program.
What age must applicants be in order to start the program?
- Individuals must be 17 or older to qualify for the program.
When do I need to be A+ certified by in order to qualify for the program? (How long before the cohort section begins?)
- Applicants must have passed the A+ certification before day 1 of the cohort
- It is recommended that individuals complete their certification exam before the application
- Other certifications are not accepted in place of the A+ certification
What are the course tracks in this program?
- Cisco Networking
How many weeks are the classes?
- Each college credit course will last either 8 weeks or 16 weeks.
- Apprentices will study for certification exams after the course end.
- Courses will follow the regular semester schedule.
What format are the classes?
- Classes are fully online with support from the on-site lab at our Garden Grove center for those that would like to reinforce their hands-on skills with our Cisco lab equipment.
- The courses are online with lab support using NetLab.
Where can I read more?
- This blog will be updated regularly with information from the Program Director: http://coastlinecap.edublogs.org/