Following are the questions frequently asked by those that are interested in the program. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
When and where are the introductory sessions?
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Room 315, Garden Grove, CA
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:00PM-2:30PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Room 315 Garden Grove, CA
- Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 6:30PM-8PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA
- Thursday, February 9th, 2017 6:30PM-8PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA
- Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 8:00PM-9:30PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA
- Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 7PM-8:30PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA
- Tuesday, August 8th, 20177PM-8:30PM at Coastline CC, 12901 Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA
Are there any discount vouchers for students to attempt CompTIA’s A+ certification exam?
- Yes, the discount voucher can be purchased with registration using an edu email address.
- High school students may also purchase the discounted vouchers.
When do cohort sections begin?
- Currently there are 3 cohort sections scheduled with classes beginning:
- June 2017
- October 2017
- March 2018
Are applicants required to be a US resident in order to qualify for the program?
- No, but individuals must have the right to work (work visa or citizenship) in order to qualify for the apprenticeship program.
What age must applicants be in order to start the program?
- Individuals must be 18 or older to qualify for the program.
When do I need to be A+ certified by in order to qualify for the program? (How long before the cohort section begins?)
- Applicants must have passed the A+ certification before day 1 of the cohort
o It is recommended that individuals complete their certification exam before the application
What are the course tracks in this program?
- Cisco Networking
How many weeks are the classes?
- Each class will last 8 weeks.
- There will be a 1 week break between classes to study for certification exams.
- Holiday breaks for the spring and winter breaks will also be scheduled.
What format are the classes?
- Classes are fully online with support from the on-site lab at our Garden Grove center for those that would like to reinforce their hands-on skills with our Cisco lab equipment.
- The courses are online with lab support using NetLab.
Where can I read more?
- This blog will be updated regularly with information from the Program Director: http://coastlinecap.edublogs.org/