The Application Process
The CCAP selection committee considers several qualifying factors when reviewing applications, but a passion for cybersecurity and dedication to the program are the most important ones. Whether you are a recent high school graduate who wants to start their cybersecurity education, a current college student who wants to know more about the cyber industry, or someone who is considering a career change, we invite you to learn about our program by attending one of our Info Sessions.
Cohort 7 Application Schedule
If you are already familiar with the program and know that you want to apply, please review the application process below so that you may begin gathering the appropriate documents. Please prepare all your application documents before clicking on the “Apply Now” link so that you present a complete application in one submission.
- Application Window Opens: December 9, 2019. You will be asked to to input your basic information, formulate some writing samples in the form of short answer questions, and upload the following documents in PDF or Word format:
- A Self-Introduction page with a photograph of yourself. This should be a PDF or Word document that contains a photo of yourself and a paragraph that allows us to get to know you better. Consider that your audience may be CCAP administration, your fellow cohort members, and/or potential employers.
- Your unofficial transcripts of all college coursework (or High School transcripts if recently graduated).
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former instructor/employer.
- CompTIA transcripts of any industry certifications (A+ certification is required). Learn how to create your CompTIA transcript link here.
- A current resume.
- Information Session #1: January 14, 2020 (RSVP Here)
- Information Session #2: February 13, 2020 (RSVP Here)
- Application Window Closes: February 16, 2020.
- In-person interviews: Dates TBD. If you pass the initial application screening, you will be asked to come to Coastline’s Garden Grove Campus for an interview.
- Decisions made on Cohort 7: on or about March 9, 2020
- Classes Start / Cohort 7 Orientation: March 30, 2020